Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Are you charging me extra for the lipstick?

 Todays post is dedicated to the restaurant owners and their managers.

 Over the weekend I went to the pub  to have a few beers as usual, and my regular bartender had the day off. What a shame this guy really know how to treat a customer, and most of all, he knows how bad is my OCD is as far as clean glassware goes. As the new bartender came to introduce herself, I said to my self ( self, here we go again!). By know if you have read my last 2 post you should know that I'm a little crazy with the service I get, and I get crazier if it involves ALCOHOL. In most bars the employees don't really clean the glassware as well as they should. Lipstick, lip-balm, dirty fingerprints, dust from dirty rags, and other dirty residues from God knows what, is served every day with your favorite pint or drink.

  So, getting back to the story. The bartender comes she introduces herself, and ask us for our drink orders. I ask for a beer and my wife asks for a whiskey on the rocks. I tell her that if she can please pour my beer in a plastic cup, she says, we dont serve on plastic cups. I said, listen is not that I don't want a glasscup is that I don't trust how you clean the glass, so, can I please have a plastic cup instead. I told her that my regular bartender does it for me, and this is the punchline, she said to me, your bartender is off today, and you get what I serve you.

 I take crap from my wife, I take crap from my professors in college, I might take some crap from my family, but I won't take crap from somebody that doesn't know what they are doing. I have worked in restaurants and bars for the last 12 years,  and by far this has been the worst bartender I have encountered.

 The moral of the story is.
Please keep and eye on your employees, and stop hiring people to work in your bars, just because they know how to pop open a Heineken Keg and know how to mix a Cuba Libre. There is more to working in a restaurant, and when you and and the people you hire understand that, you will see that your business will do better, and your customers will thank you for that.

Words of wisdom
Work in a bar or restaurant, because you love working in a bar or restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment